Monday, March 19, 2012

One Handed knitting

TOTALLY made a tool to assist in one handed knitting.  Got Dylan to go to the store with me, bought bunch of stuff, made the people at the store thing we were stealing stuff because we were putting it inside one another to test sizes... this made him get real into our project

Man: so whats your project? (totally thought we were stealing stuff, but we weren't)
Me: we're trying to make something for my client at work who wants to knit but only has one hand.
Man: oh... wow, well uhm.. you should try *insert thing that I have no idea what he was talking about* instead of the stuff you have there.  Same price, but might work better.

Loved it.  Dylan and me spent like an hour in the store trying to figure out different stuff to use the build this tool. I can now proudly say I have made one and I am not telling anyone how I did it or post pictures until I get a patent because I am not having anyone steal the idea.  I am just so excited that I got it to work (it needs tweaking) and now know what I have to do to make it perfect.  YAY!!

The glove is almost done, didn't knit tonight because I was working on this tool.  So excited.  Gloves will be done tomorrow.  I have to knit more, and stop getting distracted by awesome projects.
All for now.  Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment