Saturday, March 3, 2012

Done

So when I posted yesterday I looked at that tiny ball of yarn and was cursing at it going, "WHY WON'T YOU END!?" and then I'm sitting at work during movie day, knitting with my guys... and realized, this tiny ball was very deceiving... because I didn't have enough left to bind off.  SO! I sat there and carefully took out the last row and have no bound off the blanket AND ITS DONE!
Because I'm lazy, its Saturday and in my mid 20's, I haven't gotten out of bed yet and I finished it last night before going to bed.  I'm crazy excited its done, and so proud I'll be able to give it to my sister when she has her first little one.

I'm going to count the stitches my sister originally cast on, she kind of eyeballed it and went, "that looks wide enough..." and began knitting lol. I'm just gonna post it Bear's way

Baby Bear Blanket
Supplies:
36oz of yarn, devided into 6oz of three colors from light to dark
I was forced to do this part because I ran out of the original color.
I used all simply soft yarns
6oz bright yellow
6oz dark yellow
6oz gold
(those aren't the names, I just lost the sleeves...)

Cast on 150-200 stitches (it depends how wide you want it) of color A
1. Knit all stitches to the end of row.
2. Continue until all 6oz of color A is gone.  Must end at the end of a row
 - If you think you won't make it to the end, stop with Color A even if it leaves a large tail
3. Begin knitting with Color B.  If you have Color A still left, knit both together to make a more secure joining, and you don't have to sew the ends in... just cut off any edges that seem ugly looking
Repeat steps one and two
4. Begin knitting with Color C.  If you have Color B still left, knit both together to make a more secure joining
Knit until Color C has enough yarn to bind off.

DONE!  That seems so simple, but took me forever... I'm just slow I guess.
PICTURES TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment