Monday, May 28, 2012

Summer, Summer, Summer time...

So graduation was fun.  Lots of driving... on the way home I knit, and watched Captain America, twice... because my dads never seen it.  The first time I watched it on my laptop and then the laptop died... and there was only about 10 minutes left!  BUT we stopped and ate seeing as it was Mothers Day... and we had been in the car for about 3 hours already...

Here's me at Graduation.  I look slightly cross eyed... lol.  No knitting here folks...
    You may be wondering... "why the bare feet taxikab?" Random yes.... I jokingly said to my father after my brothers graduation, "Daddy, my feet hurt... you should carry me to the after party..." and he went, "or you could take your shoes off... and just walk without your heels on..."  it took me about 4 more hours walking in my heels to actually take his advice..  I think wanders Boston without shoes on... my dad then realized it was a bad suggestion since my mom was insanely worried I would get glass in my foot.  I didn't notice a SINGLE PERSON who passed me, because I was too busy looking for objects that could puncture my feet.  While in Boston we went to Cheesecake Factory, where I have NEVER been before, but now love... My boyfriend Ironically went there the same day I did, but here in Philly.  We have come an agreement that we need to go back together... because its awesome.  While I was at Cheesecake Factory, this poor lady at the table behind us went to pick up her baby in its carseat from the highchair, and the baby wasn't locked in, and the handle wasn't locked right I guess, and the baby ended up falling out and right onto the floor...  like 2 month old baby right on the floor.  My dad said he saw the baby hit its chest before it hit its head so hopefully that helped a bit... they had a friend with them who was a doctor who almost immediately began looking over the baby saying he was going to be ok... so... I still hope that baby was fine...  ANY!
My life isn't even that hectic right now, but I can't seem to find time to sit and just KNIT.  I get more knitting done at work than at home... and I'm supposed to be working then...  I do teach a knitting group so I am TECHNICALLY working...  I think because its so nice out that I'm not getting anything done at home....  I tried sitting in my yard and knitting last week, but then things came up that needed to be done and I ended up nixing that idea...
Made a headband for a client at work.  It started as me practicing making leaf patterns in my knitting and trying to knit without patterns, just knit and see what happens.  A client saw it and said, "that's pretty" and so I asked her if she wanted it.

I knit the green part, which is supposed to look like leaves... but it didn't end up that way... oh well...  Then I took a crochet hook and crocheted the pink edge to it.  Now it covers my clients ears and she can use it as a winter head warmer...  I'm figuring out how to make a big ol' flower to stick on there too.  Her face lit up when I said she could have it and was even more excited when I mentioned the flower... lol





Here it is finished, the back seam anyway...

Here it is on my head. lol.  See, covers my ears! mostly...


Have I mentioned we have a sewing machine in my classroom too?  This results in me throwing easy projects together and going, "here you go guys".  Or finding projects that require minimal time and concentration so I can have them make them.  One client made a huge pillow, I was very proud.  Myself and a client made the bag you see with the owls on it.   BUT SHE NEVER USES IT.  I made it because she misplaced her change purse and was insisting that she keep her change in her shoes... but then no one wants to touch her money, haha, So I made her a cross-body bag (she helped) and she never brings it to program.


 I almost made this holder for the knitting needles at program.  It was an accident that there was a space for the circular needles on the right.  I measured wrong... BUT! it worked out, because I can keep them in their packaging and untangled from any future circular needles we purchase for program.  I insist that they learn to  knit on straight needles before they use the circular needles.  They disagree sometimes, but it wasn't an issue until one of them brought their OWN SET of needles to program and wanted me to teach her to use them... now we'll see how it goes...  Shes doing okay so far, I think shes making a hat... No idea.  they never know what they want to make until half way through, and by then I'm hoping I don't have to take the work out...

Happy Knitting!
Taxikab

Job interview tomorrow.  Fingers crossed, because its more money and REALLY close to my house, as opposed to my current job...

No comments:

Post a Comment