Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Beehives and Baby Bears

So i had the Beehive pattern written... and then left it at work...  I can't post on here from work, so I have to write them down and then type them when i get home.  I'm in the process of writing the bear hat, because I have to remember how I did it.  I am going to try and find a new way to make the ears... because frankly I think they look like pointy wolf ears rather than round bear ears... but the baby won't care, haha.  Plus I can always take them off if I can find a better way to do it WITHOUT crocheting the ears... which I may HAVE to do, but I wanted this to be a completely knit pattern... who knows I'll figure it out.  Whip out my books and find something similar.


This is the Beehive.  I found Fabric on my desk at work and laid it there so It would make the hat stand out. :)

And the teddy bear hat.  Like I said, I need to fix the ears.  Maybe i put fuzzy yarn around the edge of the ears to make them more round...

I posted on the last entry that I have 5.5 projects done, and then 2 started, I completely foot about my scarf I am making, so technically I have 3 started... I have a habit of starting projects and not finishing them.  I'm proud of myself that I HAVE finished 5 projects so far, and one glove...
Still need to make socks (which I am making the baby to match the hat :) but will make an adult size too...), a christening blanket for the baby, a blanket for myself, I want to spin and dye my own yarn at some point this summer.  If I am diligent I may end up making more than 12 projects... Which will be awesome... Lets do a head count!


  1. Beret Hat (no picture... sad face)
  2. Moms Scarf (short blue one)
  3. Kids Scarf (Purple One)
  4. Baby Bear Hat
  5. Beehive hate
  6. Gloves (half done...)
  7. Taxi's scarf (MINE, partially started...)
  8. Christening Blanket
  9. My Blanket
  10. Socks for me!
  11. Socks/booties for baby (may make more than one pair... and some more hats)
  12. Spin and dye yarn, make into SOMETHING.  Maybe some gloves
I am also working on trying to make FINGERED gloves, not mittens.  I had a client at work help me design these gloves by him telling me what colors to use.  They're blue, red and grey.  My boyfriend told me, "You should name them after the client, make a bunch, and then donate half the money to a Special Needs organization (like the Autism Awareness, or the Special Olympics or something).  I would do the same thing with the Beehive, but that was so easy to make and I'd want to put something extra on it for it to be sold for stuff like that.  I just don't think people would buy the beehive like they would these gloves...  WHO KNOWS.  Leave opinions, leave comments.

Happy Knitting.







No comments:

Post a Comment