Sunday, May 6, 2012

Knitting is entrancing

So I was riding the train to New York from Philly to go see my brother in his Senior Showcase thing (did AMAZING too) and my mother is talking to my sisters, playing games on their phones with each other (we've all got Iphones, so they play like scramble or something together...) and my mother kept stopping mid-sentence and finally goes, "I'm sorry, I'm just so distracted by your sister knitting... how do you know what to do?"
NOW for a knitter, thats like, "how do you know how to breathe?"  I looked at her baffled for a moment and just said, "I don't, I'm just making it up as I go along...and changing from knit to purl with each stitch..."  I then proceeded to decrease a stitch and continue working on the Baby Bear hat, WHICH! I AM PROUD TO ANNOUNCE, is DONE.  I just need to pin the ears back slightly because they are seriously bothering me and I want them to stick up, not flop forward...
I am going to take pictures and write the pattern tomorrow.  It was really simply to do, I just need to count the cast on stitches.
As previously stated, I can't stand following knitting patterns... so I just made this one up as I went along and it is CUTE!  I may have to actually make those tutorial videos I was talking about for the ears though, because I can't easily explain verbally how I did it.  BUT! I am pleased to say that I will be posting the baby bear pattern on Ravelry when I get it written down for you lovely people.  AND! I plan to make it free, as I hate paying for single patterns...and it was incredibly frustrating looking for a pattern to follow for this hat (even though I despise following patterns...), because I knew in my head, "I won't really use it for the whole thing..." so I just made it up and tried to make it work.  AND IT DID!  yay!

So now I've got 5.5 projects done, one bootie and one glove started... so they will be projects 6 and 7.  The blanket needs to get started once I'm done the booties, and then my other blanket once I'm done project 8 blanket.  Project 9 will be a big old blanket for me.  I knit a client at work at hat, per his request... and his mothers insistence, which I wasn't thrilled about... because I told her I had other projects to finish first, then she showed up with yarn for me to use... and I've got 2 scarves that I promised other clients like last year to be done...  But because I knit the hat in 2012, I included that in my 12 in 2012 projects.  I also included it because I'm very proud how it turned out... lol  I'll take a picture at work and post the pattern for it later.  I've been calling it the Beehive hat.  I'll post a more in depth post about that hat later.

All for now, Pictures of the hats later this week (hopefully Tuesday night if not tomorrow)
Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment