Saturday, February 18, 2012

knitting draws people to you...

So I have been working on a blanket for YEARS now (like 4...) that my big sister started when she decided that she wanted to learn how to knit... again...  The first time she bought a pound of yarn and asked me to teach her, then decided she didn't have time, or something like that, I don't remember.  She wanted to be like me and knit for future babies and current friends and family.  
The second time, was this blanket, which I'm working on more so because she got married and I expect small children to be coming in the near future, lol.  Actually I'm HOPING in near future, lol, I love babies but the world is not ready for the insanity that would be Dylan/Kelly, and I want to be married before making any babies.  That's just me.

Back on the original topic I meant to start with.  I have been working on this baby blanket on and off when I'm not working on another project.  I call it my mindless knitting project because its just a simple knit stitch everywhere.  This blanket brings so much attention, especially from women, lol.  I knit while at play practice and I knit at work, and it really draws attention.  A woman at practice the other day said to me, "I always see you working on something" and she wanted to see what I was making.  My friend has a baby and her son thought it was fun to snuggle, another friends daughter liked it months ago, its fun. 


I don't know about the rest of you out there (if there IS anyone out there...), but I enjoy telling people about what I'm knitting, and teaching other people how to do it too.  I think everyone should knit because everyone deserves something made from scratch.  I'm considering continuing this blog after the project is done, OR! starting another project.
I made a "how-to" video about learning to knit, and I want to keep going with it, I just need to find the time, and maybe get Dylan to find me a good video editing program... that way I can make the video in more than one take, because it too forever to make ONE, thus I have ONE on a different account.  I'm a self taught knitter and i enjoy talking about knitting, and clearly WRITING about knitting.  Thats my non-project related post for the day... I'm going to try to post every day, or at least every other day, but we'll see how that goes...  I'll post pictures of the mindless knitting blanket soon.  Also, I'm going to start more intricate projects that don't just include "knit 20 stitches.  turn, repeat".  

No comments:

Post a Comment