Sunday, January 29, 2012

Scarves and more scarves...

I finished the beret and was dumb enough to forget to take a picture for you guys!  Oh well.  I currently am working on a scarf for my mother, and finished a scarf for my friend Jacque...  the scarf for Jacque I CAN show you pictures of once I get one that I like.  I think I'll post pictures at the end of the year, gather the photos all up and just post the 12 projects, minus the beret of course... I started my mothers scarf.  She wants one that has a hole in the middle she can pull the scarf through and not wrap it around her neck a million times.  I'm using knitting needles she bought me for Christmas, so it makes it more special.  After this is done, I'm continuing to work on a baby blanket for someone and will HOPEFULLY start my "2012 blanket".  I am not looking forward to attempting socks again... BUT I WILL OVER COME THIS.  I need to learn to make socks, I love socks, and want to make my own socks!
In other news in the taxikab world... I have started a Knitting tutorial on youtube called "taxikab knits"  I currently posted a video about casting on.... so exciting...  Hopefully it helps people out there in the world be able to start their knitting projects without the help of a person who has been doing it forever.  I had more than 1 person tell me "I don't know how to start a project, I just know how to do the knit stitch" and most of these people I see for about 5 minutes at the end of my work day, so I can't sit down and go, 'LET ME SHOW YOU!' because I'm supposed to be working... not teaching people to knit... So if you want to see the video, soon to be VIDEOS, search "taxikabkknits" or "casting on"  OR just go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exi8krZdvAw&feature=youtu.be

And you can see me doing ridiculous cast on things, lol.  Enjoy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment