Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Projects

After much consideration, and a bit OCD actions on my part, I have chosen the 12 projects.  I haven't decided the order I will complete them in, hopefully I'll be ahead of schedule rather than behind, because currently I'm behind...
I will be completing one blanket, I have the yarn all ready and have been trying to think of a reason to knit a blanket for awhile.  I have a baby blanket started but that's for my sisters first baby, because she started it and I'm finishing it, and Erin has no plans for babies right now, that I know...
I know in October I'm making a beads and yarn crafts.  Its going to be something Halloween related (love that holiday), and the blanket will take all year.  The other projects consist of

  1. Sweater
  2. Socks (more than one pair, I WILL KNIT A PAIR OF SOCKS.  I haven't done it yet, BUT WILL)
  3. Leg warmers
  4. toe less socks
  5. fingerless gloves
  6. scarves (my mom wants one, and I like to mindlessly knit)
  7. Spinning and Dyeing project (I know this isn't KNITTING, but I'm doing 12 yarn craft projects in one year, not 12 knitting projects (:  gotta get that fiber kit...and I'm using THIS yarn for one of the other projects.  Yea, I'm cool like that. lol)
So with the Halloween project, the hat I'm currently on, and the blanket, it does equal out to 12.  I'm still deciding the order besides certain projects, but I am determined.

I have never knit socks that came out right... and I hate knitting patterns, so I'm hoping this becomes a learning experience for me, and an awesome challenge.  I haven't decided what tools to use either.  I know one scarf will and maybe a pair of the socks, or the sweater will be made using my awesome new looms, but will have to see.  Haven't decided on most of the yarn yet.  The blanket, one scarf (for my mom, she loved the yarn I used for my sister Katie's scarf and so I'm making her one too), and one pair of socks have set yarns, because I bought those yarns for these projects, the rest, we shall see.  I used to hate the thick bulky yarn, but now I seem to like it... I like how warm it is.  Posting pictures soon.
I currently have this annoying cough, and signs of a cold, so hopefully it won't effect this project.  My boyfriend will also have to suck it up that I'm knitting when I hang out with him too.  Him and my guy friends tease my constant knitting and claim its my way of entertaining myself while they play Mario bros because I refuse to play it with them.  You wouldn't either the way they play lol.  Plus, I can't just sit still and not do something with my hands.  Crafters curse I guess.  My mother has suggested that I take a Fiber course.  Like an art class at a community college or art place...  It could be interesting.  I have now have this crazy fantasy of spinning my own yarn from sheep I own, but having other people to clean the yarn for me, and me making millions off my crazy home spun yarn company and creating new and cool yarn.  ALL FOR ME! and those lovely people who buy it and make me a millionaire :)  I think it'd be fun.  I plan on looking into it.
So long for now! I've got yarn to knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment