Thursday, October 29, 2015

NYX soft matte lip cream review

Ok, so I don't usually write about reviews, and I tend to be very cautious when buying lipsticks, lipgloss, etc, BUT, I had a target gift card and had heard from really good reviews about the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, so I went, I'm going to try it!
Target only had like 4 colors... which was upsetting, but I also bought them, today...and I think most stores stock their shelves for things in the beginning of the week.  I got Addis Ababa and San Paulo today, and I'm contemplating checking other stores for some other colors because I'm obsessed with this cream.
NOW! I REVIEW!  Here goes.

Firstly, it is not a gloss.  It's a cream and it feels like baby powder on my lips.  Its nuts.  I love it.  It really feels like mousse if you touch it, and like I said, I love it.  If you let it dry, its not transferring.  You can kiss everyone and it won't come off.  I kissed my hand like 12 times testing it, and the longer I had it on, the more it dried, the less it transferred, until it just didn't anymore and the color was still just as vibrant and pigmented.  Like I said, I love it.  The color San Paulo looked mauve-ish when looking at the bottle, was reddish when I put it on my lips, but on the website looks like a rose color...  All in all, its kinda red...  I still like it, but was not what I was expecting when I bought it.  Addis Ababa is like magenta, hot pink, very awesome color, I love it.  Its similar to Clinique's Pudgy Peony Chubby Stick color.  I love wearing that when I go out, so this may be a new staple for me too.
I LOVE the smell.  I put it on and immediately went, "oh! it smells like vanilla!  Thats awesome!"  and was losing my mind telling the hubs about this stuff.  I had to take a couple minutes and freak out over this lip cream when talking to him.  Basically it was love at first sight.  It goes on very easily and with only a small amount.

Cons (aka I didn't like this...)
Its not very forgiving when putting it on.  It glides on very easily, as I said, BUT! You need a mirror to put it on, or you end up looking like you let a child do you lipstick...  I actually put it on however I felt like, then used my makeup remover to clean up around my mouth.  As I said previously, the San Paulo color was confusing.  I bought it expecting a mauve-ish color, put it on and its almost a dark red... Had I purchased it straight from their website, I would have bought a different color simply because it looks pinkish, like a dusty rose, I can't even describe it.  It just doesn't look like what I bought in the store... (I double checked to see if it was the right color too...)

I DO recommend this to people.  I only had to problems with it, and my good feelings about it REALLY outweigh my bad feelings about it so...  Basically I love it.  I do plan on going to buy more of them as I previous stated.

If you want some as well, go HERE!

All for now!
taxikab

sorry everyone, no pictures this post...

No comments:

Post a Comment