Sunday, June 24, 2012

Yarn and Sand do not mix...

I went to the beach yesterday.  For the first time in FOREVER I did not
A. get horribly badly sunburned (this is a HUGE accomplishment for me...).  This is mainly because I barely was out from the shade of my little purple and pink beach umbrella... and i reapplied my sunscreen like the doctors tell you to.  Dylan was worried I would get sunburned on my ears ears as they were getting really red when we were swimming.
B. I did not hit ANY traffic driving to the beach...  I go to the Jersey Shore, from Philly, and it was a Saturday, and I APPARENTLY went on two major traffic roads and hit no traffic...   I'm kind of bragging here... lol.  Dylan and me were crazy fascinated by this because we have NEVER been fortunate enough to experience the lovely pleasure of driving down the shore, in daylight, in NO traffic.    It was crazy... to us anyway, some of you may be reading this going, "um... that's normal here..."  My dad even said that he heard on the radio there was almost no traffic going down the shore any other way too.  This is me, shocked.

OH! we also! Did NOT pay to park.  We ended up having the walk REALLY far up the boardwalk to get to civilization, BUT we didn't have to pay to park... and no one got mad at us for parking there...

SO! I told Dylan, "I'm blogging about this tomorrow..."  the whole fascination of traffic.  I had intended on bringing the Christening Blanket for my nephew with me to work on in the car, because Dylan was driving, BUT just like my beach cover... (which I was not happy at myself for this one...) I left it on my bed while putting things in the bag.  I told Dylan, "I'm gonna forget something, I just know it..." and I DID.

We met my Aunt and Uncle down there, they have this beautiful house with the beach literally across the street, there's just a row of houses on the other side of the street.  But we just crossed the street, walked up the path and there's the beach!  It was awesome.  I taught Dylan how to body board and how to use a boogie board.  I think he's too tall for boogie boards... I told him we're just going to have to buy him a long one.  The beach wasn't crowded, but apparently the number of people on the beach was crowded for that beach... who knew.

Surprisingly the water wasn't FREEZING.  It was at first, but then I got some guts and just dove in and after that it was like, "oh... this is warm..." WE COULD FEEL OUR FEET unlike other times where I've come out freezing and its like 90 degrees outside and I'm wrapped in a towel shivering...

Can't go to the Jersey Shore without getting Johnson's Popcorn.  And they'll refill your tub for you too

So I didn't get the knit on the way home, but Dylan and I went pregnant lady watching on the boardwalk after we saw about 4 of them in a row... and weren't even half way down the boardwalk.  Its CRAZY  Everyone I know is pregnant!  And majority of those pregnant people are due about the same time as my big sister... its nuts.

Went to Church today, I had to be slightly disrespectful and whip my phone out for this picture... 


it was the verses for the responsorial psalm at church.  I went, "God knits too... nice"  It also made the "WIP" pregnancy shirt on Ravelry seem even more awesome than it was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment